Welcome to my first video post! It's a little bit of an experiment, but I hope you enjoy! The fennel and zucchini fritters which feature in the video are perfect for a light dinner on a summer evening served along with a salad, they also make great canapés or can be served along with a range of other mezes. It's a great time of the year to make these fritters when zucchinis are so abundant in the veggie patch!!
Fennel & Zucchini Fritters
2/3 cup of flour
1 egg (separated and white whisked to soft peaks)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
5 tablespoons of cold water
250g fennel bulb, grated
250g zucchini, grated
1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped
Olive oil for frying
1. Add the flour to a bowl. Add the egg yolk, olive oil and cold water.
2. Mix well, season with salt and pepper and set aside to thicken, for around 30 mins.
3. Grate fennel and zucchini.
4. Stir the grated fennel and zucchini into the batter, also stir in the mint.
5. Whisk the egg white to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
6. Heat olive oil in a heavy based frying pan.
7. Shallow fry spoonfuls of the mixture.
8. Drain the fritters on paper towels.
9. Mix crushed garlic cloves into Greek yoghurt (the quantities will depend on your own personal taste).
10. Serve fritters warm, along with garlic yoghurt sauce.